Affirmation of Our Exceptional Work
Nation’s First Recipient of AHCA Step III Quality Award
There are nearly 18,000 nursing homes in the country, of which nearly 12,000 are a member of American Health Care Association (AHCA). In 1996, AHCA adapted the rigorous Malcolm Baldrige Award criteria, and created a three-step quality award process. In 2001, St. Benedict’s became the second facility in North Dakota to receive AHCA’s Step I award. In 2003, we were the state’s first, and the nation’s 32nd, recipient of the AHCA Step II Award. In October 2004, we received the Step III award, which means we successfully satisfied the full Baldrige criteria. No other nursing home had done this previously.
The AHCA Step III uses the Baldrige demanding criteria to set the requirements to evaluate the organization-wide systems, processes and programs that work in harmony to meet the requirements of customers, provide good jobs, and contribute to the betterment of the community and the profession of long-term care.
The Step III award is the most prestigious award to recognize a quality nursing facility. By completing the application process for the Step III award, St. Benedict’s Health Center was able to identify even more ways that quality and services can be improved. By meeting the criteria for this award, the staff has earned the distinguished reputation of quality health care that the Step III symbolizes.
Other Award Recognitions
- AHCA Quality Initiative Recognition Program Tier III achievement (2014 and 2015)
- AHCA/NCAL NFP Program of the Year (2014)
- Benedictine Community of Excellence Award (2012 and 2014)
- AdvisorMed's Great North Dakota Nursing Home Award (2011)
- Benedictine Health Services Award in recognition of continued achievement of the Benedictine Living Community Standards (2009)
- Benedictine Horizon Award, Autumnfest Committee (2009)
- Benedictine Spirit Award for organizational focus (2000, 2001 and 2008)
- American Hospital Association Circle of Life Award (2002)